Clinics need a website to inform the patients about the facilities offered in the clinic, doctors available, open timings and other related information. Say, you plan to visit a clinic to consult a specialist. Now there are a few questions in your mind:
- Who are the consultants available in this particular specialization?
- When are they available?
- How do I take an appointment? Call them or online?
- I want to call them. What are their contact numbers?
- I need driving directions. Help!
- Can I get parking at the site? Is valet parking available? Do I need to park somewhere nearby at a public parking lot?
- What results have the past clients achieved?
Unless the clinic website offers these information, the clients are going to have a tough time. They may even choose another clinic over yours if they get the questions answered nicely at their website. Thus it becomes quite critical for the clinics to have a good website.
These websites are going to be used by lay people to a great extent and therefore ease of use and conveninece of locating the required information is very vital. It would be great if there were a contact form using which people can get answers to their non-standard queries also. Another important addition will be a Frequently Asked Questions section that is regularly updated based on the questions the reception receives.
With a large number of people now accessing the Internet from their mobile phones, time has come when these clinics should also consider getting a mobile website developed to serve the clients better and to help the people visiting the website while they are on the move.